On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 18:19, AIRPLANEIT at aol.com wrote:
> I'm having a heckuva time finding a good mirror for the new release of Mandrake... is it possible for someone to upload their ISO's to Gladiator? Alternately, can someone suggest a reliable mirror?
>
> What nationality is Mandrakesoft? Is the company's home base in France or elsewhere?
>
> How does Mandrake 8.2 start XFree? I had to manually edit XFree86-Config-4 and every time I run XFDrake it edits the file back to its old settings. But at the end of configuring X with XFDrake, it asks if I want the computer to boot into X. So right now the computer isn't set to run X at boot. I have to log on as root, then run gdm. Is that what Mandrake does, just starts gdm at boot? Should I just ad a script to rc5.d to make starting gdm the last thing it does at boot? Thanks for any help anyone can give...
>
> -Nick Stolley

I got mine from
 ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrake/iso/Mandrake91-cd1-inst.i586.iso
 ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrake/iso/Mandrake91-cd2-ext.i586.iso
 ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrake/iso/Mandrake91-cd3-i18n.i586.iso

It's an official mirror for 8.2 on the Mandrake download mirrors list,
but I found it has 9.1 now too.  I got it in 27 hours on a 144k idsl
pulling all 3 isos at once.  It usually takes me that long for one iso
at a time.

Try giving that a try.
--
Chris Frederick <cdf123 at cdf123.com>