 MSH> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:20:04AM -0600, Jon Schewe wrote:
 >>
 >> Thanks for the tip.  I just tried it and all I got was this.  I'm assuming
 >> it'll say something like 'Sense: drive failed' if a drive fails?  So I
 >> should just run this in a cron job and have it email me when something
 >> other than 'Okay' shows up?
 >>

 MSH> You can do that, or you can use the daemon that's meant to run all the
 MSH> time, and will report any problems to syslog.

I started it up and got:
Mar 30 14:09:31 mtu kernel: FastTrak : Unknown SCSI command , 0x4d
Mar 30 14:09:31 mtu kernel: FastTrak : Unknown SCSI command , 0x3
Mar 30 14:39:31 mtu kernel: FastTrak : Unknown SCSI command , 0x3

I left it run for awhile and eventually my system ended up in a scsi reset
loop and I had to do a hard reset of the machine, at which point I turned
off smartd.  Any ideas?

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net