It's probably not a good idea to open 5800 or 5900 onto the internet.

I would suggest you install ssh/sshd.  From the remote PC, you can run
putty that can be configured to open a piggyback port.

Example, I use putty at work to connect to my RH firewall at home.  At the
same time, putty listens on port 5999 on my work pc.  Any connection on
that port is mirrored to port 5900 on my laptop at home behind the
firewall.

Much safer.