On Friday 07 March 2003 06:29 pm, Justin Haaheim wrote:
> that's all well and good if I'm connecting from a machine where I can
> access a unix shell, but what If I'm connecting from any other variety
> of os (namely, the windows machines here on campus)

Public lab you have a whole set of new problems. A WINDOWS public lab you have
even more problems.

Way back in 1993 in my college days we'd install DOS (yes DOS!) tsr's to do
keyboard capture on all the public lab DOS computers. Simple way to get lots
of usernames and passwords.

I'm sure there is a similar technique for Windows.

If I have to use a public lab, I put my bbc into the CD (assuming they have
one). Boot the bbc and ssh from there.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500