On Tuesday 11 March 2003 2:22 pm, Tom O'Neill wrote:
> What is the best way to setup a VPN with Open Source software?  I have read
> about freeSwan but is there other options?

If the load is pretty light, and you stick to unix like boxes, TunnelVision
(tunelv on debian) is decent. Uses the same encryption standards as other
solutions (Blowfish/3DES/etc) and runs on a ethertap device and a single port
so both ends can be behind firewalls (with single port forwarding).  However,
because of the way it works, its not real reliable for heavy network traffic,
and I dont know of a windows client out there.

You might search debian for VPN to see what other packages there are- I know
it has a few options.

Jay

--
Jay Kline