I don't know how much experience you guys have with emu10k1 Soundblaster
drivers, but here goes:

I have a Gateway OEM soundblaster SBLive card in my machine, and I'm
trying to configure it to output in digital through its primary miniplug
jack.  The manpage for emu-config notes specifically that my card isn't
supported yet for this, but when I run
	emu-config -d
to enable digital output, it works.  It actually cuts out sometimes, but
I can deal with that.

My actual question is this:
When I restart, it appears as if digital output has been turned off.
Because it's a driver setting, I would've imagined that it would've
persisted after rebooting.  Why would it be turning off, and how can I
set my system up so that it's always in this mode (will it require an
entry into a startup script?, and if so, which one?) ?  wow, that was a
lot of questions

I have a related problem.  I use kmix in kde to handle my mixing needs,
and I bind a couple of my internet keyboards keys to volume control.
1) there's a setting in emu-config that allows me to set the mixing
device.  i think it defaults to /dev/mixer.  if I'm using kmix, do I
need to change this, or does kmix also go through /dev/mixer?
2) the key bindings for this don't stick.  when i'm back into kde after
rebooting, the kmix key bindings are back to how they were before I
recently changed them.  Could this be due to the fact that I reboot my
computer by running /sbin/reboot?  If so, what command can I use so that
kde shuts down and logs out normally (and saves all this keybinding data)?

thanks
justin