On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 18:10, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> I think Redhat 8.0 is a good compromise distribution.  If you want to be
> more productive for home use maybe get Mandrake.  If you want to learn a
> bit more but not be overwhelmed get Redhat 8.0.  If you want to be
> overwhelmed and spend 8 months figuring out how to get your modem to
> work but impress your friends get Slackware 9.0.

Yes, but after that, you can get the modem to work under all other
distros (unless you get hit in just the right spot on your head).

Might seem sadistic, but you may learn something about how the software
works and the configuration files play a part in the process.

Besides if you succeed, you may be a SubGenius.

--
Kelly Black <kelly.black at penguinpackets.com>