On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 14:43, waynej at dccmn.com wrote:
> One problem I've seen is that there are some cheaper network cards, video
> cards, sound cards, etc. that are not supported on Linux.  You might want
> to check the redhat hardware list (http://hardware.redhat.com) before you
> buy something.

You might also grab the linux kernel from one of the mirror sites on
this list:

 http://www.kernel.org/mirrors/countries/html/US.html

And read the stuff in the /Documentation directory for info on devices
supported by the Linux kernel.  For user developed device support
outside of the kernel, google is your friend.

I have been conned to many times by packaging that says a device
supports Linux when in reality it supports an old kernel version with
binary bits that you can't fix or re-compile.

--
Kelly Black <kelly.black at penguinpackets.com>