On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, lxy at cloudnet.com wrote:
> Our plan is to deploy them on doze.  I don't think doze is a suitable
> OS for the project, since the machines will just be shut down
> unexpectantly.  I have a much better plan that includes replacing the
> hard drive with a CF card and a read-only filesystem so it's more of
> an on/off appliance type thing rather than a PC.  It'll be doing all
> its work in Citrix via the wireless modem, so it sounds like something
> that linux can handle perfectly.

Yeah, read-only CF == good.  :)

I've had great luck with the SimpleTech CF on both cameras and PC's.. half
the price of Lexar's 24X stuff, and the same speed. I tried some Kingston
512mb cards, and got filesystem corruption, so that wasn't very fun.

It'd be very very sweet if Linux is compatible with those cards.. may even
be as easy as just throwing the card in a PC Card slot, and dialing a
specific ph#. :)