If you want it to run at boot, then you need to make a script for init.d. If
you just want to have it availible for general use, you still need to make a
script, you can just put it in /usr/local/bin .

Your script should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
command to run
command to run
etc

Then, make sure it is named something useful (emu10k1_setup or whatever), and
change its permissions to 755 (that is a+rx and o+rwx ).  Though the script
dosnt NEED to be owned by root, system utilities generally are.  (chown
root:root filename)  Then just put it in /usr/local/bin.

Jay

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 3:46 pm, Justin Haaheim wrote:
> I am running redhat, but I'd prefer to stay out of init.d for now.  Is
> there some place I can put my script where it will run for all users
> (not just for me)?  I'm not terribly familiar with setting things like
> this up, so if you could be verbose ( ./help-me -v ), that would be
> helpful.
>
> justin
>
> Jay Kline wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 March 2003 3:17 pm, Justin Haaheim wrote:
> >>My actual question is this:
> >>When I restart, it appears as if digital output has been turned off.
> >>Because it's a driver setting, I would've imagined that it would've
> >>persisted after rebooting.  Why would it be turning off, and how can I
> >>set my system up so that it's always in this mode (will it require an
> >>entry into a startup script?, and if so, which one?) ?  wow, that was a
> >>lot of questions
> >
> > Depending on your distro, you can just add the command to your rc.local.
> > If you run redhat or the like, you can create a script that does it for
> > you, throw it in init.d and use chkconfig (or other tools) to enable it
> > to run at bootup.

Jay Kline
http://www.slushpupie.com