On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 03:50:53AM -0600, B_o_B wrote:
[snip]
> After several hours I successfully made a script that was
> able to do everything I wanted, except I cannot for the
> life of me figure out how to send the data going to the
> screen, to a file.  Sounds stupid, but I tried using >>
> everywhich way possible.

If your script is in file "myscript.sh", then you can run
the script with the command:

 bash myscript.sh

and append the output to file "config1" with:

 bash myscript.sh >> config

There are other ways, but this should work fine.

You can find more gory details by looking in the
"REDIRECTION" section of the man page for bash.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota