On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Mark wrote:

> What would be the best, current and easiest Linux distribution to use
> (including X Windows) on an old  P60 512mg HD 40mg RAM?
>
> I do not want to upgrade the hardware in any way and would like to get some
> useable speed out of it for a workstation.

Not sure about the best, but I think you could do this with Slackware.
I had Slack 8.0 running on a 486/100 with 36 MB RAM.  X was OK using
Blackbox as a window manager.  You would want to be a little bit careful
about which packages you install, but I think you could get enough to be
useful on that hard drive.

Glenn McDavid
gmcdavid at attbi.com
gmcdavid at winternet.com