On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 01:49:13PM -0500, Larry Chisholm wrote:
> I am new to the list and group.

Disclaimer: I am no longer a RedHat user...

> Could anyone help with the re creation of the boot diskette?
> I run Red Hat and SuSE but I use a diskette in booting them.
> I find that after upgrading the Kernel in Red had that I still get the old
> version and I think it is because I have to re create the boot diskette. I
> have searched everything I can in the network but cannot find how to do it.

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/kernel-upgrade/s1-post.html

Log in as root, and insert either a new floppy or your old rescue
floppy disk [ed. Bad Idea to ruin your old floppy]

# whoami
root
# mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 2.0.36-1
Insert a disk in /dev/fd0. Any information on the disk will be lost.
Press [Enter] to continue or [Ctrl]-[C] to abort:

Cheers,
florin

--

"NT is to UNIX what a doughnut is to a particle accelerator."