On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 01:56:47PM -0500, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Jim Crumley wrote:
> > Well, things have definitely changed for the R40.  The hidden
> > partition boots by pressing the "Access IBM" button, instead of
> > F11.  My hidden partition is bigger and doesn't show up on the
> > partition table from cfdisk:
> >
> > Name            Flags           Part Type       FS Type   Size (MB)
> > hda1            Boot            Primary         NTFS        36841.52
> >                                                 Free Space   3166.25
> >

> try 'fdisk /dev/hda' then 'p' to print the partition table.  there must
> be some type on that partition and perhaps cfdisk doesn't recognize it.
> or you could try 'sfdisk -l /dev/hda'  (that is a lowercase L for list).

None of those list any partition in the IBM recovery space.
I have looked around a little more online and it seems like the
consensus is that the data is written to the disk without any
partitioning [1].  So I will just leave it there for now.  If I
ever get tight on disk space, I'll blow it away and call IBM for
a recovery CD.

  1.  http://www.w-m-p.com/linux-on-t40.html#read%20this%20before%20you%20switch%20on%20your%20new%20t40