-----Original Message-----
From: Bret Baptist
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: 6/20/03 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] MS Project replacement for Linux??

On Friday 20 June 2003 4:05 pm, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I'm on a project forced to use Microsoft Project. While the tool is
> powerful and useful, I just hate running vmware, win2K, project to
view a
> small change in the schedule.
>
> I've been looking at the linux project management software, none seem
to be
> even close to MS project.
>
> I'm looking for comments on which ones work for you.
>
> Thanks.

The closest that I know of right now is dotproject
(http://www.dotproject.net).  It is still in beta, but under heavy
development.  We have it installed and running and have been extremely
impresses with what I have seen so far.  Check it out.

Their site doesn't look too hot

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/home/ftp/dotproject.net/mambo/classes/database.php on line 25

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/home/ftp/dotproject.net/mambo/classes/database.php on line 25

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/home/ftp/dotproject.net/mambo/classes/database.php on line 26

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/home/ftp/dotproject.net/mambo/classes/database.php on line 26

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in
/home/ftp/dotproject.net/mambo/classes/database.php on line 26
Query failed with error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

(612)676-1946 x17
Web Development-Web Marketing-ISP Services