What I don't understand is that SuSE is named as one of the companies that
stands to lose the most if IBM loses, but just a month or two ago SuSE,
SCO and a couple other companies were combining efforts to make
"UnitedLinux"!  The title of that article is very accurate.  They do seem
to get whatever they want.  If I was a big wig at Microsoft I would be
trying to shut them down, not help them.  I would be afraid that they'd
come back and hurt me just for fun.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Joel Wickard wrote:

> Here's an interesting article.  It appears to raise questions as to
> whether or not the owners of SCO have decided that getting into the
> lawsuit business is more profitible then trying to create solid product
> that people might actually *want* to buy.
>
> http://www.forbes.com/2003/06/18/cz_dl_0618linux.html
>
> I don't know what a crunchy is, and I think the author views linux users
> negatively, but he brings up an interesting point, it seems that the
> owners of SCO like to make a habit of buying old code for fodder in
> lawsuits against other companies.

Justin Kremer <kremer at ringworld.org>

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity."
- Rush "The Spirit of Radio" (1980)