Nate Carlson wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Bob Tanner wrote:
>

>>Anyone heard of a way to encrypt every sent message at the MTA level
>>with a specific key?
>>
>>I don't mean smtp with tls, I mean literally pgp encrypting and
>>signing each message.
>>

>Could probably do it with Mimedefang + Sendmail - it'll let you do just
>about whatever you want to the body of the message.
>
>Things that may make this difficult:
>- Attachments
>- Who do you encrypt to? Assuming you want to be able to send to multiple
>people, makes things kind of difficult..

You just need to process the addresses and break them into those where
you have a key and those where you don't. PGP (and I assume S/MIME) is
designed to handle encrypting to multiple recipients. Those that don't
have a key can just go out as signed but not encrypted, or if security
is a real issue, you just spike the messages going to addresses without
public keys available.

--rick