Raymond,

Your email made me try to write down a
step-by-step I have been meaning to
make for a while. I'm sorry it could not
have been more timely. If you can get
anything out of it, that would be great:

http://www.jdmz.net/ssh/

Everyone else can point out the obvious
errors I (seemingly) like to sprinkle my
written works with.

Have a good one,

Troy

>>> cbidler at innominatus.com 06/14/03 10:32AM >>>
> This  worked perfect for a single connection between my server and
IPCop
> box, but I need to make connections from this same server to a number
of
> other boxes. I have tried to generate keys with different names, but it
is
> not working. Is there a certain protocol to follow to make this work?
Each server to which you want to connect in this way should have the
"source" server's public key file copied into authorized_keys in the same
way
as you did with the first. You should not (or at least, should not have
to)
create a separate key pair for each "destination" server.