Hello. I'd like to thank Shawn F. @ Real-Time for helping get the burn
capability on by CD RW under Linux (the command "cdrecord -scanbus" got my up
and running), and lots of folks re: the zip drive issue. I adlibbed some
instructions you folks gave me earlier with something I found at the SuSE
website. SuSE kernels from versions 2.2.0 and up don't use "ppa" they use
"parport". So I did the following: (it wasn't intentional or pretty, but I
finally got it to work).

After loading and unloading Debian (I got a screenful of error messages), I
daisy-chained the printer and the zip drive to the sole parallel port, and
reinstalled SuSE, configured it as a dual boot machiine (I got Win2k on the
other partition). AFter getting all the stuff on, I went in as root, and at
teh command prompt entered
STEP 1
modprobe imm
modprobe parport (instead of modprobe ppa)
modprobe vfat

STEP 2
mkdir /mnt/zip100.0

STEP 3
added following line to /etc/fstab (used Vim):
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip100.0 vfat noauto,user 0 0

STEP 4
mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip100.0

I now have access to the stuff on my Zip drive. My printe works like I want,
too. I can burn CDs. I'm happy once again. Now for being productive with it
all.

Thanks again.