On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:45:06 -0500
Jay Kline <list at slushpupie.com> wrote:

> not going to work- once you are in vi, you can always open another
> file. (in other words, you dont always open the file off the command
> line). There might be a better way to do what you are looking for,
> what are you trying to prevent?

In a nutshell, I want to lock down some files owned by root so that a small amount of people can modify them.  Permissions cannot change on the file, nor can uid/gid of ownership.

The people who need to modify the files have sudo priviledges.  There are two groups defined within sudo, and only one group should have permissions to change the files.

I was thinking something along the lines of a stickybit, but not sure if that is the right way.  Thus the thought on using sudo....

--
Shawn

The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.