Cert is a good place to start (www.cert.org).  Get on their advisory
mailing list.  Of course, you're going to get a lot of notices for
software that you're not running.

Most distros have their own security announcement lists.

If you're really into tracking vulnerabilities, get on bugtraq at
www.securityfocus.com.  warning: bugtraq is high volume.

The last thing you should do is be on announcement lists for specific
software that you frequently use.
Dan