Does it pop them up in a new window? or a new tab?

hint: tab would be the right answer :)

I just can't stand having a ton of windows open when the application has
all these wonderful tabs to use.  And just for clarification,
unsolicited popups aren't a problem, it's the <a
href="javascript:openthis(href)"> links that are a pain.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out