On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On 2003-06-09 17:43:29 -0500 STEVEWABC at netscape.net wrote:
> > - Needs better Burnning tools make it run like ROXIO (drag and burn)
> > and system back for CD/RW like Iomega's
>
> Actually the latest redhat makes it as easy to burn a cd as winxp
> does. Out of the box. No roxio (or work-alike) needed. You put a blank
> cdr in, some daemon tells gnome its a burnable disc. Then it creates a
> pseudo-image on the desktop, you drag files to it then click on "Burn
> to CD" pretty idiot proof...

 RedHat 9 also seems to support NVidia cards pretty well out-of-the-box.
(At least, it worked fine with the NVidia chipset in my laptop, something
which RH8.0 didn't manage.)  8.0 wasn't bad, but they made some great
progress with 9.
 Steve, if you'd like a copy of RedHat 9, we've got a few left over from
our last campaign; all we ask is $2 to cover the media costs.

     Jima