On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 STEVEWABC at netscape.net wrote:
[snip]
> Now with that said lets take one thing at a time here, Database I will
> explain the way I built mine First..Which is using a GUI from filemakerPro.
> all I had to do was make my page layouts and then match everything up and
> send it to were ever I wanted by linking them very easy When I look at mysql
> there is alot of command line stuff or should I say scripting..And maybe I
> just dont no what a real database is...Can anyone help with this? or point
> me in the way I should be going?

I've not found any database programs that match the ease that you are
describing. (I've got years of Foxpro and Oracle experience and friends who
love filemaker and have gone on to make web-based applications using it.)

If you've used portals and filemaker scripting, you probably have a decent
idea of a database. Don't let anyone demean that experience.

Maybe qtdesigner with a database connector?  The examples that come with
Redhat9 are pretty impressive.  Not simple, though.

Good luck.  Keep us posted where you go with the database stuff.

--
Gerry Skerbitz
gsker at tcfreenet.org