Hey Kent,

I have read the same thing you have, and
the commands you list seem right to me, but
they don't work for me either. The 'askpass'
programs are pretty simple, just putting the
password on stdout, but 'ssh' seems to be
ignoring the existence of the variables it
should use to get this job done.

Maybe it is different for different distributions?
This is RH7.3 with OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH
protocols 1.5/2.0, and OpenSSL 0x0090602f.

Can anyone get this to work?

Troy

>>> kent at structural-wood.com 06/09/03 11:16AM >>>
Hi,

I'm trying to get ssh to always prompt for a password using the graphical

password widget.

 From my reading, it seems this should work.

export SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/x11-ssh-askpass
export DISPLAY=vampir:0

ssh -n panshin

Unfortunately I still get the text prompt

kent at panshin's password:

I've tried alternatives and googled away the morning, and I still have had
no
success.

Anybody have any pithy advice?  Relevant advice would be nice too :-)