On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:40:41 -0500
florin at iucha.net (Florin Iucha) wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 11:18:50AM -0500, nate at refried.org wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 09:03:58AM -0500, Shawn wrote:
> > > hdd: YAMAHA CRW2100E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> > >
> > > scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
> > >   Vendor: YAMAHA    Model: CRW2100E          Rev: 1.0M
> > >   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision:
> > >   02
> > > Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
> > > sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
> >
> > I *think* that when you're using ide-scsi emulation that you need to
> > use the SCSI device name, i.e. /dev/sr0.  Try mounting that device
> > instead.
>
> Nope. He uses ide-scsi but he can mount _other_ cds just fine.

  I'm a dope....  I tried to mount Slack disk 4 in the cdrom and it gave me the same error.  I switched the device to /dev/sr0 and was able to mount it.  Must have been getting my machines mixed up.  Haven't touched that server in almost two months....  Thanks for the help Florin and Nate.  Owe you two a beer whenever I can get to a Beer Meeting.  Fridays suck for me for having the beer meeting.  My wife works and I get to babysit. =(

  Quick question on cdrecord, I mounted the first one I created in a Winders box, and it showed up with funky titles such as "07___ENT.MP3" I'm assuming that's because I didn't use the -J switch for Joliet?  The one I created in xcdroast mounted fine and proper in regards to label on the Winders machine.
  Finally, is there a better way to create CD's all in one line by piping mkisofs to cdrecord?  An example would be very beneficial.

Thanks again!

--
Shawn

The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.