On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 08:37:05AM -0500, Shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 02:10:13 -0500
> florin at iucha.net (Florin Iucha) wrote:
>
> > Please show the full mount command. Also show the result of
> >    ls -l /dev/cdrom
> >
> > Try to do the mount explicit.
> >    mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /cdrom
> >
> > If hdc does not work, try hdd or hdb.
> >
> The cdrom is device /dev/hdd, I can mount other cd's just fine.

Aha.

> As requested:
>
> root at wormy:~# mount /mnt/cdrom
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>        (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
>        ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
> root at wormy:~# grep cdrom /etc/fstab
> /dev/cdrom       /mnt/cdrom       iso9660     noauto,user,rx   0   0
> root at wormy:~# ls -l /dev/cdrom
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Apr  1 15:18 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdd
> root at wormy:~# mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>        (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
>        ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
>
> I don't believe it's an issue in mounting per se.  I believe I created a coaster, but can't figure out why since I was following the How-to, and reading the man page on cd-record while doing so.

Hmmm...

Try to burn at a lower speed. Maybe the media is of poor quality,
maybe the burned and the media don't like each other.

Are you trying to mount the cd in the burner or in another cd-rom?

You can try to look in the syslog for errors. After you attempt a
mount, do a dmesg | less and look for bunches of errors from the IDE
layer.

florin

--

"NT is to UNIX what a doughnut is to a particle accelerator."