Hi all,

I'm working some mods to linux box that is being used in a kiosk kind of format. The original implementers left a bunch of things active that shouldn't be so I'm trying to fix them. I'm having some trouble noodling out a few things and could use some help or pointers.

First, the system:
SGI 230L, PIII, 256M, 40G HD
Redhat Linux 6.2
Enlightenment 15.x
Gnome desktop

The biggest problem is that the application fills the whole screen to prevent access to the Gnome desktop but enlightenment is providing the minimize/maximize buttons on any children window. If a user minimizes the window it is lost for the session since you can't get behind the main window to re-maximize it. My plan is to create a new theme based on CleanBig that simply removes those buttons (B1 & B2). While I'm at it I'm removing the ability to resize the pop up windows. No problem so far right?

Somehow this messes up focus. The main window has a menu bar like any standard window-ed program. Before I start the modifications focus does not pull the main window to the front when it's menu bar is clicked on. Thus all the open pop-ups stay in front of the main window. After the modification any click to the main window pulls it to the front hiding (permanently) all the pop-ups.

The really weird thing is that I'm only adding the modified theme to one user yet the change in focus affects all users from then on when using this application (could the Xdefaults be getting modified?).

Here's what I did:
1) Duplicate /usr/shared/enlightenment/themes/CleanBig
2) Modify /usr/shared/enlightenment/themes/CleanBigNew/borders.cfg to remove B1 & B2
3) Modify /home/auser/.gnome/session to start enlightenment with new theme

Any help or requests for more info?

Thanks,

John