If you don't necessarily need everything in Mozilla you might try
installing MozillaFirebird:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/releases/0.6/MozillaFirebird-0.6-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

It's pretty simple really...download it, extract it (I put mine in
/usr/local/bin) and create a link to the executable from wherever you
want to run it from.  Not quite as automatic as up2date but it's easy to
tell where everything is.

This is the program that will supposedly replace "Mozilla" as the
"Mozilla browser" in a couple releases.

Brady