> The problem is that when I do
> that I'll lose LILO and therefore access to the slave drive/Linux.  I've
> gone thru this recently (about a month ago) after installing the new hd
> and wound up reinstalling Linux on the slave drive because I didn't know
> how to just re-do the LILO part of the Mandrake 9.1 install.
> Any ideas on how I can 're-install' (?) LILO after the WIN98 install?

I had a similar problem not too long ago.  My solution was to use loadlin in
my Win 98 partition (in DOS mode) to boot Linux from Windows.  Once in Linux I
reinstalled LILO.  This was Slackware, so I used liloconfig at that point, but
there should be a Mandrake equivalent.  Not very artistic, but it did the job.
A couple warnings:

1) Get a recent version of loadlin--older versions have trouble with new
kernels.

2) Make sure you have your kernel copied to a safe place before you begin the
process.  Also make sure you know which is your root partition!

Glenn McDavid
mailto:gmcdavid at attbi.com
http://www.winternet.com/~gmcdavid