On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:37:04AM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Is there a linux utility for viewing binary files that I might be able
> to use to recover some of the data?

Believe it or not, ViM actually has a binary mode.  I don't think it's a
substitute for a good hex editor (which I haven't found) but it should
help out a little.  Just use the -b command line flag and see ":help
binary" for more information.

But wait, there's more!  I did ":help hex" and found out the ViM way of
hex editing.  There is an xxd program that comes with ViM which dumps
the file in a hex editing format.  This I might actually like. :)

Nate