My 2 cents....which are frequently wrong is that killing Linux would be like how the English tried to kill the Gaelic language in Ireland....something that is so available to everyone cannot be destroyed.....they can kill all the companies but what about all the people out there with the source....in a week there would be more versions out there....maybe they would change the name bout it would still be Linux and it would still be open source....
Viva la underground :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: tanner at real-time.com [mailto:tanner at real-time.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 9:17 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Killing Linux - Dvorak article

Killing Linux

So, I read this article. His comment that I (being part of the Linux community)
have my head in the sand just doesn't sit right with me.

His article has lots of gloom and doom, but like most people it's "a complaint".
With no recommendation on what you should/can do.

So, I post here.

What can a lowly, linux user do to help fight this SCO thing? Best I can think
of is just keep moving forward, evangelizing linux.

If SCO wins, then what?

Suddenly Linux is a crappy operating system?

Do a 180 and tell everyone you convinced to try like to stop using it?

Comments?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500