On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:17:56PM -0500, Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS) wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any utility/command to know what services/daemons are listening
> on what ports? say, I want to know
> which service is listening on port 21 of my computer?
> Is there a way to know listening-ports and non-listening-ports? thanks
> for the help...

If you want to know what's listening on *your* computer, lsof is the best
answer. It will give you detailed information on what process (the pid) and
the path to the binary that's listening on that port.

Very useful when you see 'sshd' listening on port '31337' and the binary
is really in /usr/share/doc/.blah/exploit