I'm working on trying to finish configuring my Debian system, but am unsure of which packages I need to install for the following:

ntp -
	I installed ntp-simple and ntp-doc, but ntpq didn't load.  Is there something else I need to install?  Do I need ntpdate?

Bind -
	Says it's (bind9 and bind9-doc) installed, on bootup shows it's starting but no named processes running.  Where do the documents go?  On Slackware, it's put into /var/named and the named.conf goes into /etc.

X-windows
	No idea at all on this.  Chewie showed me something on how to do a test of packages or hardware for X, but I don't recall it.  I didn't have the normal keyboard/mouse/monitor that I use at the installfest.  If I were to bring them I'd have to also unplug all my systems from the KVM switch.
	I plan on running mostly fvwm, but would also like to have KDE and Gnome installed as well.  I see there is an x-window-system and x-window-system-core packages.  What else do I need beyond these?

How do I see what packages are installed on my system?

Thanks.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"