Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Gary Iddings wrote:
> > Alternatively, is their a Linux viewer for the .efx format?
> Well, on my free account, the files come through named .efx but I can just
> pull them up in a TIF viewer. Give it a shot, maybe it'll work for you
> too.. :)

What TIF viewer did you use?  Which Linux?

I renamed the .efx files .tiff and .tif, and still can not view them.
Gimp tells me "Not a TIFF file, bad magic number 65244 (0xfedc)".
I wasn't able to view the .efx files, however named,
with any of the following:

   Eye of Gnome
   Gimp
   GQview
   KView
   KuickShow
   KPaint
   /usr/bin/X11/display of ImageMagick

The most interesting program was KFax.
It wasn't able to show anything intelligible,
but at least it showed noise where other programs
refused to try.

I'm running Red Hat Linux 9.

Gary