Ok....out of boredom I just went and installed Debian on my laptop and made a stupid mistake....
I started the X server with no WM installed....smart huh???
Now I have this pretty flashing screen that will allow me to do nothing....i have tried CTRL+ALT+BKSPC and nothing happens...same with CTRL"+ALT+ESC...short of power cycle nothing works....when I rebooted it went straight away into X
How do I get back to my loverly CLI and fix my fsck-up? Also would the fact that I used my XF86Config from my FreeBSD install on the same laptop be an issue?

Dan Lansing