Jeffrey Rasmussen writes:
> Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get through the firewall
> portion of the proxy.  I can only use port 80.  I have unsuccessfully
> been playing with Desproxy for TCP tunneling through HTTP proxies.
> If anyone has a different method for tunneling outside of port 80, I
> would appreciate it.  I don't have broadband at home, so I can't use
> a box outside of the proxy.

If an HTTP proxy doesn't allow direct connections to outside machines, then
SSL won't work.  Some proxies may restrict these connections to port 443.
You can get around this by running an SSH server on that port.

http://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/