On Wednesday 23 July 2003 03:22 pm, Lansing, Dan wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:40, nate at refried.org wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:56:57PM -0500, Michael Vieths wrote:
> > > On a more serious note, how about something like:
> > > 'Have you ever taken advantage of the Open Source nature of Linux by
> > > contributing to or altering the source code?'
> > > I'm kind of curious.
> >
> > Sounds like a great poll!  How is this for wording:
> >
> > How have you taken advantage of Open Source software?
> >  - Just used it
> >  - Read the source code
> >  - Contributed a patch
> >  - Ran a project
> >  - I thought it was Free Software
>
> What about us skill-less sods who have no coding skillz but have paid
> for some software we could have just downloaded for free???? I would
> like to think that my hard earned money could be considered some sort of
> contribution......

How about this, another poll:

How you obtained your installation of Linux:
	- Bought a boxed distro
	- Downloaded distro from net
	- Had someone burn me a CD set
	- apt-get rulez
	- I write all my own software
	- Installfest
	- The RIAA is all over me, they think they own everything (even worse than
SCO)
--
Thanks,

James Spinti