Hello everyone

To get a real good Quick Start go to your local book store and get the magazine called THE COMPLETE LINUX HAND BOOK ITS 250 PAGES. I want to say its like $13.00, it will cover the real basics of linux and most of the Programs you will use, and How to use them. Covers Getting Started, Working World (open office), Funtime (mount ups, Scanners,USB cameras,Gimp,CD Burning), Web Server(Apsche,Mail servers), Mozilla, Programing and Etc.. A vary nice Starting point... Then I like to use the Complete Referance Linux 5th Edition.. Covers Redhat, Mandrake, SuSE, and Debian I think its about 1100 Pages also One more helpful tool is the "Linx Desk Reference" it will cover 90% of the comands you will use with examples...

Hope this will Help...