rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> I've got a Mandrake system on a Laptop.  The laptop has a second
> battery that can go in an expansion slot.  Otherwise, I've got a CD-RW
> there.  Everytime I boot, with the disk out, the boot process stops
> and asks if I want to reconfigure the drive, since it's been removed.
> I bloody well don't!  And if I hit return by mistake, it just removes
> the drive, making several bits of software confused.  Anyone know a
> workaround?

Not necessarily a workaround, but if I remember correctly, there is an
option to ignore the change, and it will leave the configuration in
place and not bother you any more. I used to get that message when I
plugged a mouse into my laptop.

You could also disable the kudzu service in Mandrake Control Center, and
it will never check for new hardware during bootup. This option actually
works for me because I do not use any swappable devices - both the
floppy and DVD/CD-RW are integrated.

--
Dave Sherman - MCSE, MCSA, CCNA

Beware the wrath of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.