On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 02:13:28PM -0500, David Phillips wrote:
> Dan Willenbring writes:
> > As long as you're correcting semantics and gathering sources, ''all''
> > of my computer science courses involved group work.  In fact, quite a
> > number of courses was nothing but a large, semester-long, group
> > project.  I received my degree from the University of St. Thomas.
>
> Interesting.  I asked two people, who graduated with CS degrees from
> different schools, and both said ``maybe 2-3''.  It must vary widely from
> school to school.

Two people is not a sufficient sample size to make any conclusions from.
Should you want to debate that point, I'll get up and grab my statistics
book.

I went to Clarkson University (in Potsdam, NY) and they really emphsized
group work.  I would say at least 50% of classes there had group
projects.  They were constantly looking for more ways to get people to
work in groups because that is what companies recruiting there wanted.

Nate