On Sunday 20 July 2003 6:49 pm, K B wrote:

> 2) What books should I pick up?  Any older ones, or anything generic?  I'm
> currently using RH 9.0, and probably will reinstall Mandrake 9.1 on my
> laptop shortly (next quarter at Brown College is Linux..Mandrake on Mac or
> RH on PCs)

When it comes to books for learning Linux my personal choice is Mark Sobell's
Practical Guide to Linux, the new edition has the title "A Practical Guide to
Red Hat Linux 8". Its a great book, a little on the hefty side (over 1500
pages at this point.) It covers command-line, GUI (Gnome and KDE), emacs and
vi (so you can pick your side of the editor wars), basic system
administration and programming. Visit amazon via this url for more info.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201703130/103-7237176-5989436?vi=glance

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com