Neigebauer, Ben writes:
> I think you just can't make a blanket statement "Read a book and learn
> on your own". This just doesn't work for anyone with a learning
> disability, attention deficit disorder or anything of the like.

Perhaps you should read what you are replying to, because that is not what I
wrote.

> Most classes also involve a group project. Figuring out how to work
> in a group is essential for any major software engineering project.

``Most'' is almost certainly incorrect.  ``Some'' would be more accurate.
I've never heard of an intro course that has group projects.  I just asked a
friend with a CS degree, and he says only about 10-15% of his CS classes had
group projects.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/