On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 02:27:04PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I'm successfully booting off of my 3ware mirror. In fstab this is
> mounted as a single device, and  Everything seems to be fine. Once
> things were running I turned on my fastrak controller for my apps
> drive (which I am not booting from). It is this mirror I need to know
> how to mount. As the box is booting up the drives show up as hde, and
> hdg.

As I said before, do not boot off the Promise Mirror Array.  You may
well be able to boot off any other controller, but the Promise and
Highpoint have given me no end of grief.  Just take my word for it.

Also, do not manipulate the mirror array with the drive hde and hdg.
These are not intended to be acted upon directly and currently, there is
no way to hide them from view.  Only use the /dev/ataraid/d0 device to
access the mirror.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/