You could always go the ultra cheap route.  GIMP yourself a backround or
pattern and use fortune to make your own wallpaper.  You'll get a nice
pleasing backround, cool quotes and sayings, can be as fancy or plain as
you want, and it even comes with the satisfaction of using office
supplies to do it.

Chris Frederick  (BOFH in Training)