On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 09:26, Austad, Jay wrote:
> I use postfix.  After extensive testing, I was able to get higher
> performance out of than qmail (I used to run a big mail cluster for my old
> employer).  It's very simple to administer, you don't even have to edit
> config files, just use the postconf command.  Note that you'll still have to
> install an IMAP or POP server with this, it's just the MTA (like sendmail).

Ditto here. If you have to deal with a group of servers, postfix is the
way to go (dsh makes life easy).

> But, if you're trying to replace exchange, you might look at
> http://www.opengroupware.org  It's supposed to be an exchange replacement,
> and apparently the outlook calendaring stuff works with it.  I haven't tried
> it, so I can't really give you any opinions on it.

I am attempting to install it.  It seems like the product is fairly
stable, but since it moved from commerial to opensource, they are having
some issues with packaging and the like. The install is not as easy as
it could be.

Jay