On Saturday 12 July 2003 01:58 am, Chris Schumann wrote:
> > From: Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>
> >
> > If you are going to be wire-mangling you need to use /dev/parport0
> >
> > Here is code snippet for writing to /dev/parport0 in EPP mode.
>
> Thanks for this Bob. I'll keep it in mind when I really want
> to do some serious interface stuff.
>
> But for my current project, which is to toggle a TTL output,
> this is INSANE. If I have to write a program, it will be
> about three lines: 1) toggle bit, 2) wait, 3) toggle bit back.
>
> Using any library is just too much work at this point.
>
> Maybe you missed my original post, but I'd like to do this
> from inside a scripted language, and if it takes custom
> hardware, that's what it takes.

I have been working on a parallel port project from Oct 2002, I think I'm
starting to urinate SuperIO documentation!

I'll let you struggle, but I can tell you the code I sent is about as bare min
as you can get when you want to get to the bit level of the parallel port -in
user space-.

You can outb(2) if you want to setperm() or run as root.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500