On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 18:04, Ryan Oertel wrote:
> Is it possible to have each desktop log in separately as a different
> user?
>
> I'd like to be able to quickly switch users without terminating an
> existing session.

Crap! I just read something like this the other day.  Unfortunately, I
don't remember the exact syntax but I do know that you direct the X
server to use a different display.  Something along the lines of:

~$> startx :1

I think that should work.  The new display should be the next Fkey up
from the current display.  In other word, if your current display is on
F7, the new one would be on F8.

When I get a chance, I'll do a little more research and try to figure it
out.

--
The Wandering Dru
http://druswanderings.net --Things 'n' Stuff--