On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, David Phillips wrote:

> Which is entirely wrong, for one simple reason: it destroys useful
> information.  It also makes it much more difficult to reply to the sender of
> a message and not to the list.

give me one example of useful information that was lost on _this_ mailing
list.... last i checked we are still depating this particular list and not
lists in general, mainly because this is a list-by-list issue.

> The basic premise of that essay is that it easier for people with lacking
> MUAs to reply to the list, while not breaking things too much for people
> with good MUAs.  That is not a reasonable trade off for something that
> destroys useful information.  Several good mailers support Mail-Followup-To,
> which is a much more correct solution to the problem.

first explain _what_ useful information is lost, then we talk about if it
is worth preserving if in fact it is lost.

Munir Nassar
RedConcepts.NET