Matthew S. Hallacy writes:
> Really? What information does it destroy? Most Reply-To munging turns
> any previous Reply-To into X-Reply-To preserving the information.

How many clients actually support that feature?  Do you expect people to
look at the headers before replying to you?

> As for making it 'much more difficult', what email client *doesn't*
> have a 'Reply To Sender' function?

I am the sender of this message.  Without Reply-To munging, you would simply
use the "Reply To Sender" function to reply to me.  With Reply-To munging,
you need to somehow instruct your mail client to reply to my address
(perhaps a "Reply to From" feature that knows about X-Reply-To).

> What information is destroyed? A large majority of replies to messages
> on this list go to the list, as opposed to the original author. What
> is broken for people with 'good MUAs'?

"Reply To Sender" is broken, as stated above.  How do you know a large
majority of replies go to the list?  Unless you know about all mail that all
list members send, it is impossible to determine.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/